Sunday, November 6, 2011

2011-11-6  Sea Day:

One of the activities offered this morning was card making.  How could I pass that up?  They were actually really pretty cards.
 Later, Ken and I did the galley tour.  In all my cruises, this was the first time we made it to the galley tour.  It was an interesting, but fast moving, tour. 
 The fancy bread makers
                              
veggie creation maker
the napkin folder
HAL is known for it's Culinary Arts Kitchen where they put on many different cooking demonstrations and even cooking classes.  We managed to make it to a couple of the demos and weren't disappointed.  They even served tasty samples.
Here one of the Canaletto Restaurant chefs is making Penne Alla Vodka.
 Here is a Tamarind Restaurant chef making Penang Red Curry Coconut Chicken.
Another activity was a volleyball match.  Seeing as I've played volleyball for the last 50 years, I couldn't pass that up.  Not the greatest volleyball game by any means, but the team I was on did win.
 I was surprised when I got back to our room and found this there---a prize for winning at volleyball.

Sunday night was also the first formal night.  We dressed up and had a great meal in the Rembrandt Restaurant.




Then we went to a movie.  I liked that the Eurodam had a designated screening room with really comfy recliner seating.
I'm not a big fan of sea days, but we managed to find a lot to do to stay busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment