Saturday, August 25, 2007

8-25-07


Today was a seaday, so I've just grouped a bunch of photos from around the ship into today's post.


This is the main theatre where the nightly shows were. There were also a couple movies played here, although they weren't what I would consider good ones (Will Farrell was in one they showed a couple times--not exactly my type of humor). I don't remember the other movie we saw but neither was bad enough to walk out of. Just wish they had different movies all the time instead of replaying the same ones.

Although the weather was great for the most part, it did get somewhat chilly on deck. Not many people hung out on the lounge chairs!
 not much happening on the outside decks

 a ship that still has the grand atrium
 another deck
 not much going on throughout the whole ship
 our room.
Our cabin was typically small. Nothing fancy, but adequate.

DSCN1388 123 the indoor adult pool that I was really excited about---until it was inundated with wild splashing noisy kids most of the time.
 waterfall accent
 The shows were ok. I would say they were aimed more to an older generation (my Dad's generation).
[IMG_0521 081[5].jpg]

IMG_0516 076
 The public areas around the ship were tasteful.


IMG_0536 015
 We found many places to hang out and play cribbage.
[DSCN1314 168[3].jpg] There were also several informative talks of Alaska (glaciers, fiords, etc.) done by a naturalist. I don't remember the guy's name on this ship, but he was very interesting and funny. We attended as many of his lectures as we were around for. This is the lounge he gave his lectures and slide presentations in.

DSCN1318 171

 Dad dressed up for dinner.
I wasn't as impressed with this cruise line as I have been with Disney and Holland America.  Nothing or noone really stood out.

No comments:

Post a Comment