Wednesday, November 10, 2010

11-10-2010 A rainy St. Thomas

Next stop on our cruise was St. Thomas.


I had also looked forward to spending the day at one of it's sun drenched clear watered beaches. Unfortunately Tomas sent a lot of rain it's way, too, so the famous beaches were all closed due to mud slides. Determined to spend time in the water, we found out a beach not far from the port was open, so we took a taxi there---Lindbergh Beach. Even though it was raining and totally overcast the whole day, we still enjoyed playing in the surf there.
Walking through the Best WEstern property to get to the beach.



When we had enough, we headed back to the where I did a little shopping at the port shops. When I got back to the ship and told Ken about some diamond stud earrings I saw there, he said we should go back and get them. So---Merry Christmas to me!  They say St. Thomas is the place to shop. I guess they're right. I definately believe we'll be returning to St. Thomas again, too. With 2 Wyndhams there,  we may even base a land trip there some time.  (We did in Nov. 2013 for 10 wonderful days---mostly wonderful!)  The rain even stopped as we sailed away and gave us a pretty amazing sunset.

At least the weather was producing some beautiful sunsets!

No comments:

Post a Comment