Friday, November 12, 2010

11-12-2010 Halfmoon Cay

After a sea day---which was actually nice after 3 straight days of running around on shore (or in the ocean) all day---we hit our last port, Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas. This is their private island and is beautiful. We were even greeting by a rainbow as we sailed into the bay.


It was even a beautiful sunny warm day there.

I had heard there was some shore snorkeling there, so we tried it out.


The snorkeling area was really small and rough, so I decided to check out there snorkel excursion for $49. Ken didn't want to go, so he lounged on the beach. Before my excursion, we dined on shore at the bar b q. It was really nice. I was even able to get grilled mahi mahi.
Then I was off to my snorkel excursion. We didn't go too far away before we came upon an area of 3 reefs. The snorkeling there was quite impressive to me. The water was crystal clear and the fish were very colorful, plus there were lots of different kinds of coral. It wasn't far off shore, so I'm wondering if we could actually walk to the beach there on a future trip?









When the excursion was over, we enjoyed the beautiful beach some more.
 High tide must have come in while we were there.  
 Too soon it was time to head back to the ship. 
Back on the ship, we got to watch another sunset from our balcony.
   Finally, some relief from the rain.  It was a beautiful way to end our trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment