Sunday, April 20, 2014

2014-April 20-Easter Sunday-sea day:


 After 6 port days in a row, I don't mind the sea day.  Thought we'd sleep in, but were still up and off to breakfast by 9am.  They had colored hard boiled eggs out, as well as lots of foil wrapped chocolate eggs.  That's about all we saw of Easter.  They did offer sunrise service and 2 other masses, but we didn't make it to any of them.  

 We did take the cribbage board to the Explorer's Lounge and played a few games.  Then I went to another culinary exhibition.  This time the culinary gal and her boss were hilarious.  They kept making mistakes and had a ball working together.  I hated to have to leave, but we had a 1pm Mariners' lunch to go to.  Here we're being toasted by our cruise director.
 Lunch was very good.
 After lunch, I went to the Showroom at Sea to listen to the Legend of Ernest Hemmingway as recounted by cruise Director Rick.  It was very interesting.  
 Then I spent some time in the pool--- I think Ken loves sea days so he can sit in the room and watch TV.  About 6 we headed to formal dinner.  This was the only dinner we had with a really weird couple.  But there was another couple that was interesting, so dinner visiting was enjoyable---as was my dinner: lobster tails (which I gave to Ken since I'm allegic to shell fish), fillet mignon, pear soup, mixed fruit, and rhubarb crisp.  From there we hustled over to another movie, "Phillameda" which was about a woman who had a baby in a convent in Ireland 50 years ago and wanted to find him.  Another good movie.  Followed by the Showroom at Sea show "Encore" featuring their tenor and soprano accompanied by the Maasdam Orchestra---not the best show, but better then most we've seen on other ships.  Only 1 day left!

No comments:

Post a Comment