Tuesday, December 5, 2017

12-5-17 Martinique:

On to the city of Fort De France, Martinique.  I had thought we might walk to the ferry and go to a beach on the other side of the bay. But the ferry was over a mile away from the port we docked at.  i was hoping we'd be at the one right next to the ferry like we were last time we were in Martinique.  Didn't really matter.  As the tv showed, there were thunderstorms which lasted most of the day.  And lots of rain,  So we did another first---we stayed on board the ship. 
I did take pictures from the ship, though.

It wasn't raining yet as we approached the city.
It's actually a rather pretty city and quite large.
we were even greeted with another rainbow as we sailed in.  That was the 3rd of 4th port that greeted us with a rainbow.
Fort St. Louis as we sailed past it.
lots of little marinas along the bay
the clouds building up
another view of St. Louis from the side. 
the city by the fort
near where we docked.
pretty old church in the distance.
close up of the details on that church
lone sailboat.
near the fort.
the way the houses were stacked up on each other reminded me of Europe. 
another church up on the top of the hill
lots and lots of boats
just some interesting designs and shapes.
another church near the water.
and another.  I thought it would be interesting to wander around the city, too, but didn't want to in the rain.
so I put my 150-600mm lens on my camera and took a photo tour of the city from my verandah.
at least they don't have to worry about taking care of yards
more by Ft. St. Louis
close up of the interesting old church half way up the hill again.
loved all the tires on this tug
We piddled around the ship.  Even made it to the pool finally.  I read some more in the "o" book.  By sail away time, it wasn't raining any more.  So I took more pictures on the way out.  Here's Fort St. Louis again.
the town by the ferry
they certainly have some cool old buildings.
by the ferry port
wide angle of the ferry port area
looking back on the fort.
Then we headed up to the Crows Nest and played a few games of cribbage.
At sunset I headed back out to decks 12 and 14.
not the greatest sunset again, but I still enjoyed it.  One thing about sunsets, they're always different.

Even had a good view of the moon tonight.
that's about it
one more as the sun went behind the mountains.
Not quite the day I imagined, but after 3 days in a row in the water, it was nice to take a break. 

On Stage Tonight was Frozen Planet Live---a visual and musical journey.  I enjoyed it last time (Ken not so much), but I wanted to see it again.  I enjoyed it again.  I think he enjoyed it more this time because it was what he expected this time.

Not much "O" stuff again.  Just the inspirational postcard left on our bed.
"Life is full of delightful treasures if we take a moment to look around."

No comments:

Post a Comment