Friday, December 1, 2017

12-1-17 sea day:

Today our ship's clocks were set forward an hour in the middle of the night.  Good thing we had another day at sea to adjust to it.

 I was surprised when I went out to see the sea and saw what I saw!  No land in sight and the water was calmer then a swimming pool!

pretty serene.
After a relatively late breakfast in the Lido due to the time change, I headed off to the Go-Pro Vacation Series (Part 1).  Some how I missed the rest of the parts!  But I found this talk very interesting and informative.  I've been curious about the Go-Pros.  They do a lot more then I thought they could!  They even sell some on board. 
Right after the Go Pro talk, I headed to the Test Kitchen for their Flavors of the Mediterranean show.
These looked and smelled so good, that when it came time to eat again, I headed for spaghetti.  Too bad they didn't have the pasta with garlic and oil!
instead I had meat sauce and spaghetti and the best rolls ever.  I loved these crusty baguettes!
At 2:30 we went to the World Stage to the Ask the Captain activity.  Darin Bowland and his hotel director, Don Habets, put on a very good and at many times, a funny presentation.  He also explained that the delay leaving Fort Lauderdale wasn't serious.  He said it was a redundant communications system that was fixed. 
Then it was back to our verandah to get to reading on the "O" book that I checked out yesterday.   The main complaint I had with the book was that there were so many names thrown around that I had a hard time remembering who was who when they popped back up later.
Near sunset, I headed up to deck 11 to my spot by the track.
Still had a lot of time, so I headed to the back of the ship.  I'm always surprised to find the decks at sunset almost empty!  I guess most people are more interested in eating or getting ready to go eat, then to watch the sun go down.
color in the water.
great water day for reflections.
almost time for sunset
about as good as it got---which isn't bad!
On World Stage tonight was Karen Grainger---Canada's premier singing impressionist.  She was very good.  Wouldn't mind catching her show again.

We also made it to the 10pm Poolside Movie.  I forget what it was now.  The navigator said is was going to be Tulip Fever---about an artist who falls for a young married woman while he's commissioned to paint her  portrait during the Tulip mania of 17th century Amsterdam.  I was looking forward to seeing the Tulip mania.


Now for the "O" activities for today:

Just Breathe (at 7:30 am---way to early for exercise!)

The SuperSoul 100: Tim Storey ---a gifted speaker and top selling author, well known for inspiring and motivation people from all walks of life.  Known as the Life Coach to the Stars, he has shared his insight to diverse crowds in over 70 countries.  (Wouldn't mind going to it, but we were at the Test Kitchen when this was going on).

O's Reading Room---OBooks Editor Leigh Haber and Joan Juliet Buck engage in discussion about your favorite authors and literary works.  (I was probably on our verandah at that time ready Buck's book).

Just Breathe: Peaceful Sleep at  5 pm.  (by then I was heading up to the upper decks to wait for sunset).

O's saying for the day:
"If you allow yourself to breathe into the depth, wonder, beauty, craziness, and strife... you can live fearlessly."

No comments:

Post a Comment