Monday, December 16, 2019

2019-12-16 sea day:

Today we were greeted by this rainbow. 
 Nice way to start the day.
 Then we headed to the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast.  That's when we noticed they have begun to decorate the ship for Christmas. 
 I decided to try my luck at ping pong again.  This time I was pretty much trounced by a woman.  First time I've played another woman in a tournament and she beat me by more then any of the men have.  I didn't stick around to see how it ended.
 I headed off to Design a Postcard with 3D Effects.  It's another program I have on my computer and didn't know it.
 Interesting idea.  Not quite what I expected.  I was picturing turning a photo into 3D somehow and not just adding an outside character to it that was 3d.  But still interesting.
 Then it was off to lunch.  Found our dinner server for lunch today.  He's such a personable young man.  Most of the servers are really nice, but this young man seemed to have a fun sense of humor, too.
 Back to the room for a bit.  I haven't gotten to enjoy our verandah nearly as much as I planned to.
 Heading to the Mainstage---love the decor on this ship.
 today was the "ask the captain" day.
  Unlike most of the captains we've listened to, this one is very matter of fact.  Not a lot of humor in his presentations. 
 But he got us to the S. Caribbean and back, so I'm happy with him.
 We noticed they were building a ginger bread house display in the atrium, so we'd go by and check on the progress of it now and then.
 and the other decorations.  Been awhile since we've been on a ship that was decorated for Christmas.  They seem to wait until the week of Christmas to do the decorations on Holland America.

 Love the carpet on this ship.  Here it is by the elevators.
 The Lido dinner menu.  Pretty much the same thing every day. 
 Then off to catch sunset.  Heavy clouds again, but the sunrays looked neat.
 the water below our verandah
 not much sunset.
 and that's it. 
 Tonight's performer on the Mainstage was a Beatles Tribute musician. 
 He was pretty good.

 on the way back to my cabin, I stopped and listened to the BBKings band a bit.  They were really good every night.
 Stopping to check on the gingerbread house


 Peeking into the Pinnacle Grill where we get to go for breakfast every morning.
 Looking good!
 they even had a little village of ginger bread houses.
 Back in the room, this guy was visiting.
It was a well needed day of rest after 3 straight days of snorkeling and running around.  But I'll miss the snorkeling when the cruise is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment