Tuesday, December 17, 2019

2019-12-17 Amber Cove:  (8-5:30)


This is a relatively new port.  It was built by Carnival Cruise Lines, so I don't know if other cruise lines go here. 
We were greeted with another morning welcome rainbow.
Looks like some possible snorkel areas---just don't know how to get there.
pretty enough land with lots of "mountains"
even had some interesting clouds later in the day.
Almost to the port.
a windmill farm
lone bird enjoying a beach
wonder how those people got to the point of the bay?  Wonder if the water was clearer there.
The water by the port is super murky.  I wondered if it would have cleared up any since we were last here, but it hasn't.  The villas over the water probably don't get much use in these waters.
I considered walking past the shops and checking out the beach there to the left, but didn't
Wonder if it's worth walking out to the point
They had a bunch of "complimentary" bike shuttles.  They would shuttle you to the shops for a tip.  Nice feature, although I didn't take advantage of it.
This is the beach to the left looking from the deck of the ship.  Looks like a pretty nice beach to hang out at.
The pool built for cruisers.  Nice to have such a nice big pool with free access so close to the ship.
There were several excursions offered here, but I was somewhat afraid to go on most of them.  I've heard the roads are narrow and going up the mountains can be frightening.  Plus ones like the dolphin swim were really expensive. 
I was interested in this one to a bunch of waterfalls, but it was really expensive and the notes said "no photography allowed in the park".  REally???!!!  You go to waterfalls and aren't allowed to take pictures!?
May have to check this out online before hand if we ever go back to Amber Cove.
or a historic tour.
Looking back at the ship from the LONG pier. 
almost to the shops.
Didn't notice this the other time we were there.  More options to consider.
It does have a nice cruise port shopping area.
some of the decor in the shopping area.
little fountain.
I did look through the shops.  I found a theme of pretty much the same things in all the ports we went to.  I imagine the items are made in China or some place far away, and just sold all over the Caribbean.
But it is a nicely done area.
Loved seeing flowers again.
always love seeing bougainvillea  
About as close to the beach as I could get.  There were "no trespassing" signs up between it and the shops.
So I walked back along the shops and found this cool sign.
and more flowers.
shopped the other side of the "mall".
read the placards that were along the way.





OK---this is an outfit I didn't see anywhere else! 
a waterfall I could take a picture of---manmade and at the shops.

I assume an example of amber for which the port was name after. 
Then I headed to the pool.
a peek over to the bar and villas over the murky water.
one area of the pool
LOTS of lounge chairs and they're free.
Lots of different areas of the pool---here was a zero entry area.

the big pool area with the swim up bar.
The pool actually went around in a big circle.  Good way to get a little exercise by walking around in circles.


back around to the zero entry area (and restrooms)
where I set up my stuff.
I decided to patronize them and give them some money---for a strawberry-pinacollada. 
Just like before, now and then the employees (and a few guests), came out now and then and danced to the music.
submerged seat --- another place I liked to hang out.
view from my chair.
another interesting part of the pool with submerged loungers.
Too bad the ocean water  isn't clear. 
a map of the aqua zone
lots of rentals
map of the port area.
heading back to the ship.
Met up with Ken and headed to lunch at the taco bar/Dive In cafe again.  
Then we hung out at the back of the ship for awhile.


A little more color to the sunset tonight.  A little different view with the mountains in the background. 
almost time to sail away
The sunset actually lingered for quite awhile.
 Even stopped at the Neptune Lounge and played another game of cribbage.  Loved this flower arrangement they had there.
Didn't go to the Mainstage show again tonight.  It was another comedian.
Spent the evening with this little guy.
Not my favorite port, but I did enjoy it more then a sea day.  They do have a really nice pool area.

No comments:

Post a Comment